Construction, Energy and Other Projects
- Advising the owner on optimal positioning for potential arbitration worth over S$80 million against a well-known Japanese contractor for building and engineering defects in a design-build project for an iconic giant observation wheel on the Marina Bay waterfront.
- Advising one of Indonesia’s leading engineering and mining contractors on a potential claim worth approximately US$13 million for contractual misrepresentation and breach of contract arising out of an agreement for mining at East Kalimantan.
- Advising a major Norwegian solar cell manufacturer, in relation to the development and construction of Asia’s largest solar cell manufacturing facility, with project value in excess of $6.4 billion.
- Acting for the subsidiary of a public-listed Australian engineering firm in arbitration proceedings instituted by a Thai party claiming time being set at large, extensions of time, acceleration, disruption and prolongation costs and outstanding payment for variation orders, in connection with a project for the construction for an oil well fluid platform in the Gulf of Khambatt, off Gujarat, India.
- Acting for a Singapore statutory authority in arbitration proceedings in the aftermath of the collapse of the Nicoll Highway in a contractual dispute relating to the Circle Line.
- Acting for an Indonesian government-owned corporation in its intended acquisition of the rights and/or participating interest held by an Algerian entity under two production sharing contracts with a national state-owned entity of Algeria through a purchase of its assets or through an acquisition of all the shares composing the capital of that entity.